As we all know, when it comes to business growth, there are countless advantages of SEO. Search engine optimization enables you to increase site exposure, brand awareness, brand credibility, and much more. Nevertheless, there are also a few disadvantages of SEO.
Advantages of SEO
Search engine optimization has been one of the most powerful methods of marketing for some time. Thousands of businesses have utilized this method of promotion for years. It has given content creators the ability to gain targeted traffic, establish brand credibility and strengthen their online presence. Above all, it has provided organizations with an opportunity to grow and expand.
- Boost click-through-rate (CTR)–Studies have shown the average user click through the top three results on the results page.
- Does not cost money–SEO will not cost you any money. It is free and 100% profitable. To tell the truth, it will actually help you save money. However, it will cost you is time. And of course, if you take the proper steps optimizing your site, you will acquire your return on investment (ROI) as far as your time goes.
- Establishing brand credibility–Customers are more likely to trust your site if it appears on the first page of the search engine. Thus, establishing brand credibility. Brand credibility is essential for business success.
- Learnable–Optimization is learnable, you can learn techniques through eBooks, blogs, YouTube, or online courses. It might even benefit you to take classes. It all depends on your compatibility.
- SEO is measurable–You need to know what’s working. Equally, you need to identify what’s not working.
- Stimulating business growth–By optimizing your content, you will drive traffic to your site. Naturally, this will help you attract profitable leads and prospects. As such, you will increase the possibility of earning additional income.
- Strengthen online presence–Optimizing the search engine will naturally strengthen your online presence.
- Sustainable results–Once you’ve optimized your site, your rankings don’t disappear. However, you must stay up to date with the latest algorithms. In addition, you will need to continuously monitor your technical and on-page optimization strategies.
- Targeted traffic–SEO drives targeted traffic to your site. For the most part, individuals that use the search engine are interested in the results they click. But once they land on your site, it’s a different story altogether.
Disadvantages of SEO
Of course, there are not as many disadvantages of SEO as there are advantages. However, a few disadvantages include:
- Algorithms constantly change–Search engines are always changing. Some content creators would say for better, while others would say for worst. Almost a decade ago, Google launched its Panda update.
- Expensive to hire help–Hiring help can cost anywhere from $1000 – $50,000.
- Extremely difficult–For some this may be a disadvantage, for others a stroll in the park. Nonetheless, learning how to optimize is extremely difficult. The process requires research, strategizing, and planning. More importantly, SEO requires dedication and patience.
- No guarantees–Even though individuals might tell you they can guarantee results, it’s not true. No one can assure you that your site will rank on the first page of major search engines.
- Stiff competition–The competition is stiff. There are millions of websites optimizing the major search engines
- Time-consuming–SEO is time-consuming as noted. It might take months, maybe even years before you start seeing results.
When it comes to optimizing the search engine you need to make sure you’re taking an intelligent approach. If you fail to do so, you can wind up spending thousands of dollars or wasting valuable time. On top of that, you may not receive the results you desire.
Therefore, it’s essential to focus on properly optimizing your content. By doing so, you can drive thousands of visitors to your business. More importantly, your site can rank on the first page of every major search engine. In this way, you can outperform your competitors, and secure a sustainable competitive advantage.