If you’re searching for YouTube marketing tips and strategies, look no further! Monthly, I will continue to add effective YouTube marketing tips and strategies to help your channel grow.
In terms of marketing, YouTube is definitely in the top 5 in terms of marketing resources. The success is due to the fact, the social media giants account for one-third of the internet’s population. Every minute over 500 billion hours of footage is uploaded to Youtube.
Billions of users flock to the network daily to search for watch videos. Users can find just about every type of social media video. Members can view live streams, webinars, or music videos in just about every category, i.e., entertainment, information, news, etc.
What does this mean for your business? In laymen’s terms, YouTube is one of the most reliable resources for growth and development. Over the years, the social media giant has helped thousands of businesses grow. Several companies successfully reach their target market and audience through the platform. Hence, if your business is in the phrase of growth or development, you may want to consider creating a YouTube marketing strategy.
YouTube Marketing Tips
Customize Your Channel
The first tip is to customize your channel. Every business is different, therefore customizations may vary. Your profile contains information about you and your topic. It gives the audience a preview of what you’re all about.
Important information to include in your channel include:
- Channel Name and Description – The channel name should reflect your content. It could display your real name or a phrase related to your topic. The description lets the audience know about your content. Your channel description should include your name, purpose, and goals of your channel. The description should be anywhere from 300-500 words.
- Contact info – Your contact info is your email address. This information is also displayed in the about me section. So if you don’t want your email address to be public, you should create another.
- Links – The links are resources that you would like to share with your audience. These could be personal links or business links. Basically, any link you want to share with your audience.
The layout is what customers see when they visit your homepage. This option gives you the ability to organize what users see when visiting your channel. Currently, the two layout categories include:
- Video Spotlight – The video spotlight option allows you to add a video to the top of your homepage.
- Channel Trailer for people who have not subscribed – The Channel Trailer can be used to provide information to users or to encourage new users to subscribe.
- Featured Video for returning subscribers – This section gives you the ability to showcase your talent (highlight a video).
- Featured sections – Customize your homepage layout (up to 10 sections).
As you may or may not know, branding is one of the most important aspects of marketing. The branding section options include:
- Profile picture – Your profile picture appears in sections your channel is presented on YouTube. YouTube recommends a photo image, 4 MB or less, and at least 98 X 98 pixels.
- Banner image – The banner image appears across the top of your channel. For optimum results, the banner image must be at least 2048 X 1152 pixels.
- Video watermark – The watermark is an image that appears in the corner of the video. The recommended video watermark image size 150 X 150 pixels.
Acquire Equipment and Software
Everyone knows you need Wi-Fi and an internet connection to upload videos. But the important question is what type of equipment and software do you need to develop attractive videos?
- Equipment – You need to acquire proper equipment if you plan to reach your target audience. You could purchase a professional microphone and camera for under $200.
- Proper lighting
- Software – Video editing software allows filmmakers to create videos just the way they like. Editing can be a lengthy process, but it’s worth the effort. Luckily, you can download most of the software for free.
Create Unique Footage
Creating unique footage is probably the most important element of all. Original content is important for a few reasons. For starters, providing unique material gives the audience something they’ve never seen before. If you’re the only content creator that provides a certain type of material, you’re the only source in your market. Therefore, people will come to you for content. Hence, you decrease the possibility of losing your fans to your competitors. Secondly, search engines love unique footage. By creating original content you can boost your search engine rankings. Oftentimes search engines ignore duplicate material or content similar to others.
Consistency is the recipe for building an active following. If you’re just starting your channel, you should create new footage fairly often. Being consistent will help you acquire more subscribers. It is the only way to keep your loyal fans and gain new fans. However, make sure you don’t overdo it by uploading videos too often. The only time you should upload is when you have valuable videos.
Once you’ve gained enough subscribers you can start slowing down. You can use the suspense strategy. Keep your fans in suspense, just like a movie waiting to hit the theater. But try not to wait too long to produce new content, otherwise, your fans might forget about you. But, when you finally decide to upload your clip, deliver mind-blowing footage, to make it worth the wait.
Optimize Your Channel
Optimizing your channel is one of the most important ingredients to attain success. You can get traffic while you sleep if you properly optimize your content. First, you might uncover the basis of search engine optimization (SEO). To begin, start by identifying keywords you would like to rank for on major search engines. Identify keywords and keyword phrases related to your subject. There are a few great sites you can use to identify keywords; Google Adwords, Wordtracker, and Wordstream.
Nextly, you need to include keywords in the description of your videos, tags, and title. More importantly, you need to include keywords in the video itself. Search bots actually crawl videos and transcriptions. Therefore, including keywords in the video is just as important as on your page.
At any rate, the video blog marketplace is definitely worth joining. The truth is there are many individuals that have secured financial independence through this industry. Members can create an account for free on social video platforms and start earning money right away.
Create Attractive Titles
The title is one of the first things that the audience will see when searching for videos. Most people click on titles that stand out. You can have the best video in the world, but if no one clicks-through it’s useless. Here are a few tips for creating attractive video titles:
- Be descriptive
- Examine title character count
- Avoid misuse of click-bait titles
- Add keywords or keyword phrases to titles
- Use the word “video” in your titles
Engage With Your Audience
Engaging with the audience is a strategy often overlooked. YouTube is not only a video site, but it’s a social video site; the keyword is “social”. Interacting with your supporters will help you gain loyal followers. It makes them feel like they are a part of the community. This means engaging with them on a regular basis upfront and personal. Celebrities are even using this tactic to let their fans know they care. This can be done by doing live videos on social media or social video platforms. Look in the chat room and give shots out to your supporters mentioning them by name. Or promote contests or giveaways to show followers support as they support you.
Aim to Produce Trending Videos
Trends change all the time. One day, NFL games will be trending, and the next day, black Friday shopping. You can catch a viral topic if you pay attention to what’s trending.
Trending topics are popular topics that are buzzing. These are topics that people are searching for the most. More importantly, they can help you generate millions of views.
On any given day you can create a trending video. Creating a trending video can be a game-changer. You can acquire thousands of new subscribers which increases your popularity. Even more, it’s not as complicated as it sounds. Producing a trending video instantly increases the popularity of your business. Your content will be viewed by thousands of viewers, sometimes millions.
Get Feedback From Followers
Viewers search for films that are trustworthy and valuable. Creating social media profiles to engage with your fans is one way to build active followers. Another way to build active followers is by getting feedback from your viewers. Ask them what type of material they would like you to create footage about. Think about giving out prizes, rewards, and gifts to your viewers. Have a contest for your fans to win prizes and rewards.
As a publisher, it’s important to create analytics. It provides you with indispensable data and information. Above all, the analytics give you an understanding of how the audience behaves on your platform. It shows you how they reach your platform, how long they stay, the device and operating system they used. In addition, it tells you their age, country, city, etc. You can use this data and info to determine what’s working and what’s not.